Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Aisaid Asahan

After months days of careful planning, it was time to visit grandma. The thrill and excitement of visiting ol' Ah Ma was running berserk through our minds. The original plan was for four of us to visit her on Saturday morning. Alas, plans don't always go the way they should. Dad had a dentist appointment and Bro... well... he had 'something' to do which is still unknown to me. But mom and I kept our spirits high. "We muz visit her today~! By hook or by crook or even by Captain Cook!". Grabbed the keys. Started the Iswara 1.5 automatic, and sped off to Asahan: Home of the Longing.



Upon arrival, like an Elite Commando, I carefully hid the car behind some bushes, hoping that Ah Ma wouldn't spot us. Like a thief in the dark, we crept through the back door. "So Kuan!" my aunt shouted. No! I've been spotted! In a flash, I threw a flash bang. Having made a couple of back flips and rolls, I took cover behind the shadows. Wait.. There's no shadow. It's a damn hot day and the sun must've fried me brains! Like John Forbes Nash from the movie "A Beautiful Mind", I too have been suffering from schizophrenia. Or at least I think I am.. Haha~



I love my grandma. There's not a single doubt about it. Her smile could chase away the rain and welcome the sun. My 1st aunt made mom and I some lunch. It was a simple meal as she didn't know we were coming or she would cook her signature fried chicken and fried sambal. MMmmmmmm... Gave grandma her favourite pulut that we bought from our "park's" Friday night market. Later, the calvary arrived. Un George, Aunt Irene, Aunt Jenny and my cuzzies came to back us up. Ah Ma was delighted to see so many faces visiting her. Though she was putting on her ever serious look, I could see a smile appearing from the side of her mouth.


*picture blurred to protect the innocent*


Spent the whole time chatting with Geowayne and playing lots of basketball too. My throwing still sux as always. Juz kidding~ Hahahaha~ Basketball is the no. 1 sport in Asahan and all of cuzzies are pros.. in our mind. Though the sun was scorching the ground our seasoned feet could withstand the burning heat from the ground. What a great day. Hehe~

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.