Pages

Sunday, February 05, 2006

| Chinese New Year 2006?

Wow~ I haven't blogged for a new record of more than a week (and the last post kinda sucked too). Well I'm back - and blogging. You guys better be happy. ahaks~

ACHTUNG!
(it means ATTENTION larr~)
56K modem user warning (it's gonna take some time)


Well, it's been a really extraordinary Chinese New Year indeed and there's many reasons why I said that.
1) Didn't get drunk
2) Had to work to get an ang pow (no kidding)
3) Cuzzies don't look cute anymore
4) I don't look cute anymore *sad*
5) Played childhood games
6) [fill in here]
7) [fill in here]
8) [fill in here]
9) [fill in here]
10)[fill in here]

There, see. I managed to get it to 10. How cool is that?

On the first day of Chinese New Year, it is customary that the family must visit all father-side relatives and I believe most of my generation, our parents have lots and lots of siblings (average of 8). With that, it's easy to say that our grandfathers were really *ahem* 'strong'. Unfortunately, the same can't be said about our own parents as the results can be seen clearly (average of 2). ahaks~

Image hosting by Photobucket

Chinese New Year 2006 family pic

That was bad. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I have lots of uncles and aunts. So naturally, most of my parents siblings would meet at the oldest sibling's house. Thus, we went to my oldest aunt's house. Collect ang pows. Chit chat here and there. Run away before old people start talking about relationships. Repeat for all houses visited. ahaks Here are some pictures of my dad's side.

Image hosting by Photobucket

food... food... food...


Image hosting by Photobucket

morons... morons... morons...


Image hosting by Photobucket

used-to-be-cute cuzzies and my niece


Image hosting by Photobucket

cuzzie Keith Tan and cuzzie Rachel Liu


Image hosting by Photobucket

of course i cant get drunk if i keep drinking that


Image hosting by Photobucket

dad and older uncle comparing spare tyres


I love the spirit of the holiday and I do love the food that comes with it. ahaks~ But you know, every year feels so routine that the meaning and the spirit of it seems to slowly fade away...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Geowayne, Su Pheen and meeeee.. meeeee!! MEEEE!!!

And now for my mother's side. Second day of Chinese New Year is reserved for my mother's side as the Hakka tradition dictates. I may not speak much of the Hakka language but I do my best to honour the traditions. After all, without the traditions, what is there left of the Chinese people's pride?... Damn I'm good at those one-shot profound moments.

Image hosting by Photobucket

cuzzie of year '86

Well, basically on the the second day of CNY, my family would drive down to a place call Asahan. It's somewhere near the Jasin town but I guess none of that matters. It's a kampung area after all.

Image hosting by Photobucket

3 sisters (the oldest bro is a really huge buffalo)

I love my grandma. I enjoy going back to my roots and reflect on my soul. I like going to this place called Asahan and unlike many youths, I like going to my grandma's house. Hmmmm~ This calls for... *drum roll* FLASH BACK!

Image hosting by Photobucket

we used to be cute - now we're old

Since I was small, cute little kid (i'm still cute) I would always come to this place call Asahan, visit my grandma and play with all my cuzzies. It's always fun coming here as there's no limit of our 'play-space'. You see, my grandma's house is connected to a primary school, literally. So we can go to the school any time we like and do as we please. Muahahahaha~ It's big enough for more than 15 kids to play hide and seek all day long. We can eat there, sleep there, and shi.. never mind. *sigh* I miss those days.

Image hosting by Photobucket

scary-dog-staring-chick

But, it's a special CNY. Why? Because all we old farts decided to play tag in the canteen! Imagine 7 huge buffalos running around a small canteen, sometimes jumping up the table, crashing here and there - utter chaos.. but still fun indeed. ahaks~

Image hosting by Photobucket

scary-dog-staring-chick chasing me *gasp!*


Image hosting by Photobucket

fun times eh?


Image hosting by Photobucket

the silhouettes of old times


More pictures and post to come. On the next episode : God-sister Elina Special Birthday and The Konn Manns Invade Sagil Waterfall. Just have to wait for bro to upload those darn pics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy family !!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.