Pages

Friday, February 04, 2005

constatine - the conn mann


and i think he's a dumb guy


What's up with this comics-to-movie hype that's going on?! First you have old-school movies like Batman and Superman, which by the way was a BIG hit back in my younger days. I dearly missed those shows mann. Instead, now we have a bunch of over-paid actors in shows like Spiderman, X-Men, Punisher, Daredevil, Hellboy, Elektrasux, and the upcoming Fantastic Four and of course, Constatine.

I wouldn't really complain if the show is good, but then sometimes after watching them, I feel that they've lost their originality. Okay~ So some of them are OK only larr, but I feel I criticize a lot because I'm quite a fan of the comic world (more towards Marvel though). Not really hardcore but I know enough to pick up LOADZ of plot-holes in the movies.

Take for example, Pete's first love wasn't Marry Jane, it was Gwen~!! Gwen!! Who can ever forget Gwen?! The girl who died in Spidey's arms. X-Men's Nightcrawler ain't a wuss and Storm was a goddess but in the movie, she looked more like a special child beaten up with the dumb stick. And the latest; Elektra is a merciless assassin who's torture skills are to be feared. Instead, she looked like some dumb Alias chick in the wrong costume. *sigh*

Whatever happen to "keepin' it true to da book"? But still, the best movie they could make is the very awesome Marvel vs DC comic. Yeap~ You heard me. Make a movie from that comic and you'll make tons! Who wouldn't wanna see our fav superheroes pit on each other to see who's the better superdude? Hehe~ The comic is quite rare, but I have 3 out of 4 issues. Uber cool~

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.