Pages

Monday, February 28, 2005

when coffee calls


2 grande' whip creamed mocha frappucinno blended coffee


Okay. So I may be dumb in many things. But one thing's for sure; I DO know how to make good coffee! Hahahahaa~ As I expected, working in Starbucks is sure fun. I love the rush hours, where the coffee keeps flowing and flowing. My duty as a barista (our term for coffee makers) seems to be a never ending journey of discovering coffee - juz when you thought you knew everything,*insert pause* you know nothing! Seriously~

One of the many fascinating things about Starbucks is something they call "coffee tasting". It's a session whereby a Partner (it's what they call the crew) takes out a coffee unknown to the rest and we try to guess what type of coffee it is, where is it from, what's the aroma, taste, acidity, and what is it best paired with. Cool huh?! Free coffee and cakes/pastry. My dream-job of the lifetime. Every coffee addict should work in Starbucks!

Partners gets a free coffee after working for 4 hours, another one after 6 hours, and another one after 8 hours. So if you're doing an 8 hours shift, you get 3 FREE drinks! The best part about it is that you can custom make it what ever way you like. Me, I'm still experimenting the different coffees and mixes. The best I've come out with so far is a Grande Iced Cafe' Latte' with 4 Espresso Shots, 2 pumps of Hazelnut and Caramel Drizzle! Great I tell ya!! The 4 Espresso Shots covers the sweetness of the Hazelnut syrup and the Caramel puts a nice finishing touch. A superb wake up call for anyone!

So, anyone out there drooling already? Yes? Good~ Muahahahahha!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha~~
u hvn't got me droolin yet
cos i dun drink coffee at all
too bad ;)
try ur luck next time :p

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.