Pages

Monday, October 24, 2005

| what's so great about the holidays

Yesterday was my first official day off since I start working at Kenny Rogers Roasters on Wednesday. Made me realize how much Kenny Rogers have change and how working life has always remain the same and I'm reminded how the real world is like once again. Many other MMU'ians are spending their holiday rather relaxed. Many of my friends have plans to travel around Malaysia while others are even planning on going overseas and here I am, working to fill my bank with the much needed cold hard cash. Lucky them eh? Still, spending my holiday working ain't so bad after all. I'd rather work and gain some cash than do nothing and waste more cash. That's my conception, though wrong it may be. Though I do miss my traveling holidays. I like the idea of carrying my heavy haversack around and get to know other cultures and people. Yea, I'm definitely a traveling dude but unfortunately I can't afford such things - not now at least but inexorably I will, someday.

There are certain things I wanna do this holiday. Whether I do it or not depends on how busy I am with my work so it's really not a solid plan.

Number one : work out
Back in my old NS days I would wake up 6am in the morning to do some lame (but effective) exercises, train my body to be more resistant, do push-ups on my fists, and jog for 2kms. Sweet stuff I tell ya. Nothing beats jogging while the morning breeze brushes against my bald head, exhilarating. I've been slacking off a lot since those days and I intend to build myself up but unfortunately I'm working morning shifts, so we'll just have to see how the plan goes.

Number two : sports sports sports
I miss playing all those sports. I've been so busy in MMU, I hardly ever have the chance the go to the club to swing my racket. Ergo, this holiday I'm trying to plan to pick up my old skills in table tennis, badminton, soccer, basket ball, pool, and bowling. Not to mention increase my stamina in swimming and holding my breath underwater.

Number three : fooooood - sushi
I love sushi. Treat me sushi on my busiest working day and I'll ditch my boss just swallow some scrumptious smoked salmon and tempura or sink my teeth into the mouth-watering unagi (eel). Yeah~ That's the bomb I tell ya. So hopefully before the holiday is over, I'll get to treat myself to some sushi. Who ever who reads this blog, PLEASE TREAT ME WITH SOME SUSHI!! PITY DEAR OL' ANDREW BOY!!

Number four : haven't thought of it yet.. ahaks~

So that's it I guess. Though I doubt I'll be able to do any 2 of them, I do hope I can finish it off. Sure working is important and yes I do need the cash in my bank or else I won't survive in MMU, but I also wanna spend time doing stuff that I wanna do. A fight between my needs and wants - it never ends. Hope you dudes and dudettes spend your holidays wisely. Night peeps~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

beat my green dragon! - the family mah jong rules

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.