Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Asahan... Oooo...

Today is my bro's birthday (yea~!!). Even so, we travelled all the way back to my grandmother's house at Asahan. If you're wondering where that place is, it's somewhere near Jasin, but closer to Mount Ledang. Anyway, when we arrived, we were greeted by our uncles and aunties, cousins and cousees but above all, we were greeted by our grandmother who's still very healthy (even after having stroke). I really admire this woman, even at her age, she's still very much active and alert. She would smile widely as she sees her grandchildren playing basketball or chatting with one another. Whenever we balik kampung, my bro and I would play "culik" (it's a card game) with her and we would all laugh about. You know, after spending so much time with my grandma, I really wish she would live long enough to watch me get married. I really love her and I pray for good health for her. For the cousins, Asahan is the place where we could always come and throw away our worries and we could do anything and everything. We would always meet during the Chinese New Year season and we would spend like 2 or 3 days there. Sigh... but now, as the cousins all grow older, some even married, we don't spend as much time or have as much fun as we used to. I really miss to times. A memory that I will surely and definitely pass down to my children... Asahan; The Gathering.

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.