Pages

Friday, September 07, 2007

| just a quick one - tired



a joke for musicians


Dear Thelma,
      I think my wife is cheating on me. I'm a working musician and travel a lot, and recently strange things have been happening when I get home. Her mobile phone rings and she steps outside to answer it or she says, I'll call you back later. Sometimes she goes out with friends but comes home late, getting dropped off around the corner. I once picked up the extension while she was on the phone and she got very angry.

      A friend of mine plays the guitar in a band. He told me that my wife and some guy have been to his gigs. He wanted to borrow my guitar amp. That's when I got the idea to find out for myself what was really happening. I said that he could use my amp but I want to hide behind it at the gig and see if she comes into the venue and who she comes in with. He agreed.

      Saturday night came and I slipped behind my half-stack to get a good view. I could feel the heat from the back of the amp. Crouching down behind my Marshall, I noticed one of the power stage valves wasn't glowing as brightly as the others. Is this something I can fix myself, or do I need to take it to a technician?

Very concerned,
Malacca

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.