Pages

Friday, April 22, 2005

back from the land of chicks




Without a doubt, Penang is really a land of chicks. I can vouch for that. Think - pretty gals with a good sense of fashion. They're not ah lian, nor lala-mui. They're the better version of the both. Ahaks~ So I'm back, went there dead and got home alive and refreshed. Dead tired but still, I'm alive and as good as new.

Okay, so I went there with the intentions of getting away from the world. The past few weeks has been a killer for me. Actually, it did kill me and I was dead for a few days. That's when I felt I need to run away for awhile and so, IF Camp came along. Alright, so I went with the wrong motivation, but still, I'm glad I went. It was really a late decision. Justin told me that there's no more rooms for guys and that I would have to wait until someone pulls out from the camp. So I was waiting upon the Lord to have His way and true enough, at Sunday afternoon, Justin called and told me someone had pulled out and I can go for the camp. Now that was really an 11th hour notice. He called around 6.30pm I think and we had to meet at 9pm. A work of God indeed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

dead good


So I head for bro's place and I was just in time for "The Feeding". What a great way to start the camp eh? It was fun, really. It's been sometime since I ever get to see such magnificent display of hunter and prey. Hey, it rhymes! Magnificent display of hunter and prey. It happened so fast that there was no struggle at all! It was soooo cool! *drool*

Okay, so we traveled on a high-class bus (i think) and I sat next to Stephanie Goh. So we were crapping alot about normal stuffs and the other "stuffs". *ahem* And of course, what would traveling be without the all-important junk food right? Almost everyone can be heard munching on something. There's always something about it keeps me amazed. Traveling - food. I sat somewhere near the back of the bus and I notice that the roof of the middle of the bus has a cute-small lil' tv set that's on the right side of the bus. I asked Aaron if he could actually turn it on and push it in the middle. He looked for the buttons and tried to push it but to no avail, it wouldn't budge at all. When everyone got up the bus and the doors closed, we prayed for a safe journey. And all the sudden, the tv came to life and it moved to the middle of the isle and everyone was in awe. So cool. *drool* Okay, I'm a kampung boy~ So sue me. Blek~ Throughout the journey we talked and talked and crap alot until eventually I fell asleep. Luckily, I woke up in time to see the Penang bridge in it's fullest glory. Bright city lights glitter on the surface of the water. I'm a sucker for such stuffs.

We reached the island of Penang. Yea~ It was around 4am or 5am. I can't really recall but it was sure quiet. There was only one mamak stall that's open. We took our bags and settled there and waited for our bus to arrive. Had our very early morning breakfast there. I got ripped-off by the dude that served me one crappy nasi lemak of which I paid RM1.50 for. *sigh* The ulcers in my mouth didn't help at all.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Our camp site was just beside a lovely beach. Just one thing - we can swim in the ocean because it jellyfish season there. Eating crackers made from jellyfish eased my pain. Haha~ Touched down and everyone was dead tired. We were given our nametags, camp manual and t-shirts. Our theme; IF Camp : The Two Campuses. LOTR rip-off. No kidding. After resting, we started our camp immediately with games and makan and ofcourse, sessions. It was soo hot that some of us went out in search for the craved ABC or ice kacang. Basically it's ice with lots of goodies inside.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

VJ looks good doing anything


The rooms was as expected, super dusty and I got hit with a lousy running nose. Yes, it ran - fast. My room-mate was Joash, Soly, Wayne, Jason Teoh, Samuel, Louis, Justin, Stan, Benjamin, Jin Li, Daniel, Joash Koh, Joseph, Jia Wern, Leo Koo, Chee Yong, Niger, Kae Ee, Chris Chee, and Naresh, the dorm leader. We slept on double-decker beds with little room for our luggage. Nothing to complain though. Toilets and bathroom doors were fixed with a simple yet cool device so that when you close the doors, the lights will automatically come on. *drool* Cool eh?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

jason (roag) teoh - writing songs


The food was ok larr. Curry was sweet dude but it killed me alot. Think - ucler. But still, who can say no to curry right? *drool* I mean, it's curry for crying out loud! I guess it's true what they, pain and pleasure go hand in hand. Hahahahahaaha!! That sounds SO wrong mann!! Aside from that, the camp witht the best food remains in YMCA, Perak. The cook's family is staying in the same place so their whole family is there. He even keeps a few interesting pets. I especially like his star tortoise. My dad would feel really jealous if he sees it. Ahaks~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

nice shell dude


At night we would go out in search for some good food but all we had in the area is just a simple foodcourt down the road. The only nice thing there was the Char Kuey Teow that costs RM3.00 for small and RM4.00 for a big plate. Not bad larr~ Nothing to critise except for the price but hey, it's Penang. Everything is expensive here - even the chicks. Ahaks~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

wanted to post penang laksa but forgot


The sessions was rather ok larr. The first speaker didn't really make much sense though I did understand what she was saying but I dunno where she's heading with it. Catch it? Her materials were taken straight from Purity Under Pressure. Go get the book for more details. The second speaker was better though. I was really blessed in the camp. Hopefully it last for as long is it could. The world is really reaching out to grab me back into it's arms. I know because as soon as I got back, it greeted me harshly. God help me. I'm weak as ever now. *sigh*






Let me know that You're near me
Let me know Your touch
Let me know that You love me
Let that be enough

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay switchfoot..but it wasnt yur birthday the day after tht was it? :)

WontdieonE said...

hahahah~ my bday is in august larr gal~

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.