Pages

Sunday, April 03, 2005

kak-ngin mo kong hakka mou yung

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

good weather, great time


Which translates to, "hakka people who don't speak hakka, is useless!" Those words are engraved into me as they're spoken from grandfather's mouth. He scolded me for my lack of hakka knowledge. Those are just one of those things I'll never forget.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Today, I went to visit my grandfather as it's one of those time in the year. Normal Chinese people would go on Sunday morning but we had church, so my family went on Saturdays instead. We would clean the area around the grave and also the grave itself. Dad would reminisce and talk about how grandfather was like back in his younger days. Bro and I would sit and listen, occasionally ponder upon those words. I had fun cleaning the grave. Though I wished I had learnt hakka when I was younger so that it was easier for me to converse with my grandfather but I guess that's called wishful thinking. Though I'm 19 this year, I'm trying to pick up as much as I can. Hakka is a beautiful language after all.

I was doing closing for Starbucks last night. It was normal like every Saturday, except that this time there's a little more drama. The time was nearing 10pm and it was like every other busy/boring 10pm shift. So to spice things up a little, there was a sudden black-out. I immediately went to the back to help my manager who seems to be slightly clueless about wireworks. Naturally, I started searching for the switch that caused the whole thing to trip. After flicking a few switches on and off, I finally found the switch that's causing the problem. It was hell of a difficult to narrow it down. Why? Because the whole damn thing wasn't labeled! I told my manager about the importance of labeling the switches in your fuse box and irritated her along the way. I felt good about that. Ahaks~ So after we closed the store, I helped them to label each of the main switch so that they can easily identify the problem the next time. A shout-out to dad who thought me those living skills; you rock dude!

Now for another emo moment in this post.

I've got back together with SP already. My heart was intend on breaking up but she somehow manage to persuade me. So now we're together again but I wonder if I made the right choice. I'm so afraid I'll regret it later. Truth be told, I'm already regretting it. *sigh* I'm hopeless in every single way. My mind is confused as I keep thinking about the same things over and over again. God, I hope He'll show me the way cause I really need His guidance over this matter. I wonder how she would react if she read this. I dunno what more to think. DAMN THIS PISSES ME OFF!!

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.