Pages

Thursday, June 02, 2005

the old fren




"This would most probably be the last time I can come to Malacca." she said softly. I stared into her soul, hoping to touch but a glimpse of emotion. "I wouldn't know which Uni would give an offer but I hope to get in KL." she continued. A soft smile flashed across her face. Her eyes began to fill with water. I motioned closer to her and swiftly caught her tears before it rain down her face. Her sorrow was like a great cry over the vast ocean, like a thunder amongst the mountains, like a lost child over a stretch of plains...

Yeah right~

She did say those two lines but I assure you she didn't cry and etc. Had to add in those spices or else it would look boring. Ahaks~ Today a dear old friend of mine from my NS days came down to visit me. Her name is Shu Lin and she's from Johor. A few days back she visited her aunt in Puchong and so I thought I could go up to visit her. I thought. Alas, due to other walling matters I could make that trip and so, she gave a better solution - if I can't go to her, she'll come to me.

5pm I received a message from her telling me that she had just arrived and she's on her way to her cuz's house in Bukit Beruang. Bukit Beruang is a less-than-10-minutes ride from my house - on my bike ofcourse. Cars would go faster though. And so it was set, 8pm I'll be meeting and taking her out for dinner. She gave me weird directions that would only lead to BBU but in the end I managed to find her cuz's house.

Took her to Amigo (sux as always) for dinner and we chatted the whole time. We talked a lot about, well, a lot of stuffs. Ahaks~ We took so long to finish our dinner that the clock crept past us. By the time we were done, it was already 11.30pm. As we got into the car she said that she wanted to see my house, as this would be the only chance she'll have to check out my crib. And so I brought her to my house. Worry not for my mom was home - no hanky panky. Hhahahahahaha~ Freak. I took out our old pictures and showed her the collection of pictures about my life after NS. Through the whole time, her face glimmered with a smile. Who wouldn't? Ahaks~ Took her home at 1am. She smiled.

When I reached home, I received a thank-you-for-sweet-memories sms from her. I smiled.

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.