Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

frgt10

Yesterday's CF was a blast - literally. The music was loud but thank goodness it wasn't as loud as Jason's band. Steffy doesn't really like it too be too loud. So what the hell am I talking about? It's none other than my X going into Xtion agian.

note :
X means electric guitar but sounds cooler.


If my memory serves me right (they normally don't), it has been over a year since I last played for anything, be it the church, youth, cf, etc and I true indeed that I was quite rusty. Yesterday, I was scheduled by Julian to play for Steffy but Tse Seong made a rather interesting suggestion : for me to bring my X while Steffreak gets another dude to play the acoustics. She thought about it (actually she didn't but that's okay) and gave a go-ahead.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

three steps down

That night, I held the X in my hand and peered into it's soulstrings. It's been far too long since I last touched you hasn't it? Ever since that sudden-many things that, well, suddenly happened to the church. I'm not a guy into church politics so I'll not go any further in that direction. Yes kids, churches DO have politics. Go ask dad. Ahaks~ All in all, it's been roughly slightly over a year I use the X and the acoustics to serve. Getting a chance to serve Him again was something I had to grasp. After all, to serve was the only reason I held the guitar.

During practice on Monday night, everything felt all to familiar. Drums, mics, bass, paino, the works. I have to admit, I'm a little rusty after such a long time. I would've done better in the past, so I'm sorry Stef~ :D And to think that I wanted to buy myself a new, better X. *sigh* Seong was funny as ever. He plays like a true Calvary Church dude. Reminds me of Khim Hai. Hmmm~ Stef was screaming her lungs out. Zhen Xin was quiet as ever, occasionally doing some slick moves on the bass. Shih Wern, full of laughs and smiles. Lionel, "What's going on now arr?". Such wonderful people, no?

Tuesday rocked - well, the front row did. Music was blasting away as it should. I felt we could've done better though. What can I say, I'm a perfectionist. I was quite noisy going about the pauses, the fade-outs, etc. Even I irritate myself. Ahaks~ But in the end, we all do it for Him and for Him alone we do it. I guess that's enough for me.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

more than words

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.