Pages

Thursday, September 08, 2005

the skeletons are buried - are you worried?



Just as I was going back today, I was reminded once again of our secrets that we keep well hidden within the walls of our heart. Not those nice, positive, up-lifting secrets. Not those. In fact, is there such a thing as a "good" secret? Maybe, I don't know. Still, there was once upon a time of our lives where we had done something utterly stupid, something that's clear-cut wrong, something that we can never tell anyone. Yea~ I'm talking about those secrets.

what if i stumble? what if i fall?
~dcTalk~


Sure we repent. Sure we change our ways. We get back on our two feet and walk the walk like we should. But the effects and consequences of our stupid decisions and actions back then still echo throughout the rest of our lives don't they? They do, to me. I'm often reminded of them and the guilt comes back, the shame comes back. What's worse is the people who knew me back when I was in sin, remind me of the sins I've committed. That sucks. Nothing sucks more than condemnation, unworthiness and guiltiness sinking into the soul.

do they see the fear in my eyes?
are they so revealing?
this time i cannot disguise,
all the doubt im feeling
~dcTalk~


I guess it serves as a reminder and even more, hopefully let it be a testimony and a teaching to the rest. That's the only postitive thing that can ever come out of such a thing. After all, the skeletons are buried, aren't they?

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.