Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2005

when piracy reaches a new level

Ever since I got my new graphic card back (read previous post), I've been itching to get my hands on some new games. Thus when my dad, bro, grace and I so happened to have our lunch at the awesome char siew fun stall next to Stygix (sux), I took the opportunity to drop by the pirated DVD/CD stall next door to grab some great games. Since most of the games that I'm looking forward too aren't out yet, I settled for Battlefield 2. If I'm not mistaken, I bought it last Tuesday but didn't had time to play till yesterday. It shows what a busy person I am. It's tough being famous. Ahaks~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

looks just like the real thing huh?

I would talk about how great it is to be alive and kicking on the X last Tuesday but I guess it will defeat the purpose of it. Instead this whole post will be talking about the new DVD game that I bought. Yea~ Right now, most non-gamers, chicks, soccer-hunks, etc would close this window but I know you know that I know that you know that this is a post worth reading. Yea right~ Nothing says it like the chinese word beh pai seh.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

it DOES look like the real thing!

Right.. Back to the pirated Battlefield 2 DVD I bought. I was taken aback slightly at the price. After all, the guy did charge me 15 bucks. That's 5 bucks more than your usual DVD game! Who pay for such a price you ask? I stand humble before you then. Ahaks~ So I'm actually quite impressed at the level of.. I hate to say this word, piracy rawks!!, that's in the market now. I mean, just look at that superb cover. How many pirated DVD games you buy that looks as good as that? It looks too original to be called piracy. Seriously. I'm impressed. Gotta hand it to them pirates. They must've played Sid Meiers's Pirates a lot. Ahaks~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

it IS the real thing!!

Real neat and catchy stuff inside that little cover. Even the DVD is coloured and the word Battlefield Platinum Edition is in gold! The coolest part about the whole cover is the tiny little warning that reads;

-----------------------------------------------------------------
HEALTH WARNING: For your health, rest for 15 minutes for each hour of play. Avoid playing when tired or suffering from lack of sleep. Always play in a brightly it room, and stay from the television screen as possible. Some people experience epileptic seizures when viewing flashing lights or patterns. These persons may experience seizures while watching TV pictures or playing video games. Even players who have never had any seizures may nonetheless have undetected epileptic conditions. Consult your doctor before playing video games of you have an epileptic condition or immediately should you experience any of the following symptoms during play : dizziness, altered vision, muscle teiching, other involuntary movements, loss of awareness of your surroundings, metal confusion, and/or convulsions. Please read the instruction manual for :PC DVD Games Console before playing to ensure correct usage.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

except for the little thing at the bottom
nice try dudes~

Okay, so the whole warning is filled with grammatical errors and horrible spellings, my personal favourite: teiching for twitching, it shows that those pirate DVD/CD sellers ARE concerned for our health. Sure they're poorly written by some Ah Beng who appeared in Russel Peter's jokes. To me, it's the heart that counts. So thank you Ah Beng for worrying about my health as I play your pirated DVD game, namely Battlefield 2. You are a role model for many Malaysians. That extra 5 bucks I paid was really worth it. Ahaks~ Nites peeps!

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.