Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2005

| stepping into high gear : rally

It's exam week. The tension is heavy in the air. Student are scramming all over, flooding ANY library they can find. Some would even crack open lecture halls or rooms just to get some solitude from the world to study for the most important exam of the semester. Ladies and gentlemen, men and woman, young and all, I proudly present to you: MMU Exam Week 2005 *cheers*. What in the world am I doing blogging and reading manga?! You're sucha freak Andrew! *sigh* Indeed I am, a freak. A freak of nature. A Jesus Freak. *dcTalk music resounds* Okay, okay. Enough with the corniness (warning: corniness IS a real word).

the song Jesus Freak resounded in song So Long My Friend


But seriously, everyone.. well, almost everyone I know are stepping into high gear, just like a rally car, studying very hard for their subjects as the finals draw nearer. To their minds, they're running out of time to study. I wonder if I feel the same way. Jess spoke on behalf of me today. More like she took the words right out of my mouth. She said, "Why is everyone thinking they're running out of time? I on the other hand can't wait for it to come so that I can just get it over with~". Heh~ Right out of my mouth. Nice one Jess.

you took my words away...


Oh well, at least I had fun today. Went out to dinner with GerX. Sounds the usual? Noooo.. Nooo Indiano, noooo.. *ahem* GerX brought along 2 very good friends, namely Hui Yin and Jess. Here's the twist, GerX's younger bro, we shall call him GerXbrO, in his Wira 1.5 SE took us out for dinner. Yay~ Something away from the norm. At first we thought of eating at Jusco, but somehow I think he took it too seriously when I jokingly said, "lets eat at town". Well, like they say in malay, ada rezeki jangan ditolak.

his bro's driving needs improvement


So there we were, 2 guys 3 girls (yes, Jess is a girl) in the heart of Malacca, looking for a decent food court that we can eat in, cruising in a brand new Wira 1.5 SE. Some people are just fortunate eh? But I'm satisfied with what I have. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! As we pass the Portugese ship, someone in the car (not me) exclaimed, "Hey~ Burger King open already or not?". "Yes~". Once again we side-track into MP in search for some good burgers. Burger King MP looks like the other Burger Kings in Malaysia - I think. The funny part about the whole dinner thingy was that they ran out of lettuce and veggie to put in the burger. Meaning we ate our burgers without lettuce and veggie. Think, just buns and meat. Yummy? I have no comments. Met my old buddy Yong aka Yong Tau Foo back from my old MHS days and Bandar Hilir days. Yea~ We're that old friends.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

seen this baby? Lancer Evo IX


On our way out, I decided to check out the Mitsubishi Car Showcase that was display. Too my utmost surprise, there it stood, a beautiful red angel called Lancer Evo IX. IX is 9, just in case you guys didn't know. Ahaks~ They rigged that beautiful car into a rally game. So you control the game from inside car while the huge screen is infront of you. How cool is that?! As a car enthusiast and a rally/drifting fan I wrote my name to play that rally simulation. While I wait my turn, I took the initiative to study the track. Not too tricky, very wide roads. Looks easy. Not to be cocky or anything, but those dudes really don't know how to drive in a rally. Their time ranges from 2.00 minutes and above and they crashed more than 4 times. Some of them played it more than once and still got that time. Sad eh?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

now see this!!


Since I trashed talk them so much, it was my turn to show what I'm made of. To my delight, the interior is quite similar to rally specs. A heavy MOMO steering and a up-down 6-speed gear transmission. Got in those Sparco seats and got myself ready. Down-side, no brakes. No brakes?! How do you survive a rally with no brakes? Not a big problem, just needed to keep my cool and lets see how this party goes. Started full speed and tried to get use to the handling of the car, I'm driving an Evo VIII after all - I got used to it. Easily beat the ghost car of the previous driver, slided through some tough corners, crashed once, cross the lap and times' up. My time; 1.55 minutes. The fastest dude was 1.42 minutes but he played more than 4 times to get that score. I knew I could beat him if I played it the second time but I guess time doesn't permit me to do so. Every fun day has to end I guess. Gotta love rallying. Nite peeps!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

im seating in a Evo IX!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

im a poor guy that likes expensive stuff - that's sad

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.