Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

when the excitement halts

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

that pc took a chunk of space from my room


After waiting for such a very long time through harsh winters and blazing summers, from the floods to sore drought, my patience was paid well. I finally have a computer to call my own. Yeap~ The long lost computer who lost it's hard drive is back with a kickin' new 80GB Maxton hard disk. One small little problem - I don't have a desk to put it on top. The solution? Use whatever junk you can find in your room. This is when Kemahiran Hidup comes to remarkable use. Okay, maybe it's not THAT remarkable but it does get the job done. Took my old extension plug and my old mini hi-fi set to be the computer's speakers. The left speaker becomes the base for the keyboard and the right speaker, for the mouse. It looks pretty decent but it's really uncomfortable sitting on a marble floor to do your computer works.

Another thing is the problem of transferring my valued files from the old computer to my new one. I don't have a LAN connection nor do I have a portable hard disk (soon to come though). All I could do is patiently burn those files into my CD-RW, transfer it to the new computer and repeat the cycle. To make things more draggy, the darn CD-RW can only be burn at a max 6x speed! Imagine how long I have to wait just for 700MB? The punch-line is that all my files in total carry a weight of 6.1GB. Yippee!! *sigh* In the end, the wait was worth the while. Another check on my own "Things To Do Before I Die" list.

Right under "Get My Own Personal Gamer's Computer" is of course, "Get My Own Drifting Car". *drool*

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.