Pages

Monday, November 08, 2004

in need of a friendly smile

After so many hectic days, I was wondering to myself when will it end. Juz as I woke up to a blurry Sunday morning, a smile waited for me in my hand phone but somehow, I didn't see it. I thought it was a bad day; I missed church (God forgive me), injured my toe nail (again), and had my own mini-storm hovering over my head. Though the home church session with my mom helped me a lil', but the clouds were still there. I was juz waiting for things to get worse - it's a certain way to amuse myself. The first thing I had in mine was to sms SP and tell her how I felt but then, I felt that she wouldn't take it seriously. Dropped the idea.

It was 12pm. All of the sudden, the phone rang and I dutifully dragged my feet to pick it up. It was dad. "Drew~ Are you coming to MP or not? Shu Lin is here you know?" "Wha-? She's here?", I gazed at my hand phone. One new message.. Could it be.. Checked my message: Hey, I'm on the way to Malacca now. Are you free today? Wanna meet? I'll message you again when I arrive. How in the world did I missed that?! It doesn't matter already I guess.. She's in Malacca and somehow, my spirit was lifted. An old friend has came to pay me a visit. My best friend in NS - Shu Lin. Changed to some proper clothes, and went to MP.

Anticipation, anticipation. What else could I feel? After all, I haven't seen her in a while. As I waited for her in Kenny Rogers Roasters, I wondered how she would look like - long hair? larger composition? Nah~ I wouldn't wanna bother myself with such thoughts. Suddenly, a guy and a girl walked into KRR. It was Ee Jin and Shu Lin! They didn't noticed me as I sat with my back facing the entrance. They slowly walked towards the front counter and talked to my bro. Their backs facing me, brother told them to turn around. Slowly, they did. "Eh?! You're here!!" Shu Lin exclaimed. We exchanged greetings and warm smiles. Once again, it was juz the 3 of us; Ee Jin, Shu Lin, and me. For a man in need of a friendly smile, she was definitely the one to give it to me.


Okay, I admit, Mahkota Parade has become one heckofva boring place to lepak. Seriously, nothing here is attractive anymore. Too many Ah Bengs and Ah Lians, Mat Rempik and Mat Minahs. But it didn't bother us, throughout most of the time, Shu Lin and I were talking. I kinda felt bad leaving Ee Jin out of the conversation but I guess there are some things that she wanted to share with me alone. Alas, she couldn't stay long, as she and her friends had to return to Tangkak before 7pm and it was already 5pm. Ee Jin sent them to Melaka Sentral. Exchange good byes and farewells and of course, warm smiles.

6.00 p.m. Sms ringtone came to life

I want to fall in love with You
I want to fall in love with You


.:Shu Lin:.
I've reached my college. Actually, I have a lot of things to tell you. I intended to tell you that I have a bf today but I juz dunno how. I think the situation is juz like the time you with SP.

Indeed it is Shu Lin.. Indeed it is..


No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.