Pages

Thursday, December 09, 2004

cs... the team: prelude

Youth camp is OVER!! There goes the 2nd week of the hols. But it was all the while worth it. As expected, the 1st game, The 100 Tofu's, ended up to be a successful food fight! Heheh~ All thanks to the genius Allan and Aaron Liu. They sparked the flame and the whole game erupted in... tofu. For less than half an hour of fun, it took us 1 hour to clean the basketball court up. Well, actually it was partially my fault, the game was supposed to be played on the field but I *kinda* forgotten about that part. Ooops~ My bad~ Somehow, my back was already killing me earlier in the camp. Thankfully, my bro, Allan, Wee Liem, Sam and Jem helped me scrape the tofu off the court. They saved what was left of my back. The funny part was that, the tofu game was only the FIRST game. I had another 5 more games to put into play. Most of the other games were wet games and I, being the Games Coordinator, got soaked after every wet game. It's sorta the tradition of our youth camp. So I expected the worst. They took a picture of me getting splashed on the floor. I'll try to post it after I get the pic from Allan.

I played the guitar in the camp along with Jason and Allan Teh. It's been a while since I played the acoustic for praise and worship. Most of the time I'll be on the X so this camp was a refresher for my acoustic skills. For some reason, I keep filling in those worship songs in the E chord with Switchfoot's Dare You To Move intro. It fits perfectly!! "Welcome to the planet..." Can't get enough of that song I tell ya. It's inspiring. Just like jars of clay. Speaking of joc, Vera's hook unto it already. She can't get enough of joc. The suckiest thing that happened in youth camp, was the on the last day - I accidentally knock my guitar on the bloody mic stand!!! "Die you bloody mic stand!!!" *crash*

It's been a while, I tell you guys out there, every worship session was awesome! There's nothing like God's presence falling on us. The feeling is unexplainable. You gotta be there to experience it, so too bad for those who weren't there. In every Gateway Youth Camp, the most anticipating event is the Holy Spirit Hour. It's a time when we totally focus the whole day on God. We meditate on His word and pray endlessly till the time comes when we worship Him and meet with Him face to face. In short - awesome.

I'll write more tomorrow okay? Gonna crash now. I'm like, sooooooooooooo tired dude. But still, His strength holds me.

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.