Pages

Friday, December 10, 2004

cs... the team: sequel

Okay, so where did I left off? Oh ya, about camp. Umm... Covered the games and worship already so, I'll go on about the mystery night/campfire/etc/etc. This year, Samuel, Esther, and Grace were in charge of Mystery Night and they did a really good job too. The theme was about an investigation of a kidnapping case (think Cluedo.. yea, something like that). So there were no skits or campfire song this year. Instead, we were trudging through the darkness looking for clues and envelopes hidden all over STM: Seminary Theology Malaysia. Luckily, there were no mosquitos around. Even if there were, they couldn't possibly sink through my thick skin. Heh~ Initially our *ahem* "advisor", Grace told us that we were behind time and stuff. But the truth was, my team was number 1!! Wasn't much of a surprise, of course. Ahaks~!

Oh ya~ Since this year the Seremban people couldn't make it for camp as they had other activities, the Ipoh people joined us instead. There were 6 of them if I'm not mistaken. Among the sriking of them all was this cute lil' 13 years old girl named Serene, the others were bunch of guys. Innocent looking, soft-spoken, and a V-shaped smile (juz like in animes). She was soooo cute, that The Team had to pull a bunch of guys away from her!! Juz kidding~ Hahahaha~ But she's cute for her age. Had little chance to talk to her as I'm busy entertaining bunch of other youths. My bro on the other hand, kept in touch with her. After the camp, my bro kept flirting mailing her. She replied and stuff and yada, yada, yada. I ain't interested in knowing about this kinda stuffs. Hehe~

Last night of them camp, Aunty Agnes secretly gave the go-a-head on colgating. Juz in case you're wondering what colgating is all about, it's planting traps using toothpaste and trapping helpless youths *evil grin*. So Allan, Wee Liem, Aaron, Justin and I went around colgating people all around in their sleep. Soon we were bored, so Wee Liem and I quietly went to the gal's dorm and colgated their doorknobs. So everytime they opened the door, their hands will get real chilly and cool. Colgating works especially well in chilly wheather as it hardens very fast. Serene was the 1st victim of the colgate. Muahahahaaha~ Sorry ya? It was pure havoc in the middle of the night. Everyone was wondering who put these darn colgates on their doorknobs. I guess they will never find out. Stealth is our weapon.

The next morning was worse. As everyone gathered in the hall to pray for the speaker, there were many who were plotting a colgate fight. And so, right after Rev Kelvin left the hall, toothpastes started flying around. No one was left out, everyone got colgated, it was war... Most of us veterans easily picked off those noobs who tried to challenge our superiority in colgating. Taught them a good lesson in colgating people in broad day light. Muahahaahahahaha~ What a fun day it was indeed. It was a great experience for the new Strd 6s. I asked most of the new ones about how they feel about their first youth camp. All of them were very happy and they said they had loads of fun, which is good though I told them the main focus of them camp was seeking and getting closer to God. They nodded their head in understanding.

In camp, I was talking to David Heng, younger brother of Liz. We were talking about how the years has passed and reminisce about the old days. He kept telling me how old he felt. I totally agreed with him. Once upon a time, I was one of those Strd 6 who kept bugging Michael (our ex-youth leader) and now, other younger ones are bugging me instead. Time really flies. Made me wanted to serve God in the youth more. I feel sooooooooo old. *sigh*

I guess that's about it. I haven't got my hands on the pics yet. It seems Jason Teh are holding the pics so I'll have to get from him instead. Youth camp is always a blessed place to be in.

Closer to God
Closer to You
All the world
I choose You

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.