Pages

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

covered in dust

It's a new year (yea, i'm still lost in 2004). Right now everything is calm and the quiet. Well, not really quiet - the darn fan is making these squeaky sounds. Kinda creepy.. Neways, I was going through the stuffs in my room and was trying to clear all the junks - which seemed to be everything. Gee.. THAT helped. Too many junks that holds sooo much value to me.

I sat in the middle of the room. Looked at the four walls that protected this little sanctuary of mine. Flipped through several old books and albums. Laughed at the corny pictures taken together with the family. "Some things never change.." I sighed.

My eyes naturally turned to one corner of the room and there it stood. My pride and joy - the 3 guitars. Each string vibrated with its own shares of stories. One sparked the flame, one traveled around the nation and one rocked the world. But all of them had one thing in common; they were made to faithfully serve God. I took my finger and wiped the surface of the X.

Dust..

"How long has it been since any of you served in the Youth?" I questioned them, my eyes filled with disappointment. Alas, it can't be avoided. Some things weren't meant to happen. My rusty hands have stiffened and grown weary. I gazed at the birds that are flying in the sky. "When will I soar again?" the guitars cried out to me.

I took them out of their stand, sat down and played..

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.