Pages

Monday, August 29, 2005

daddy! daddy! spin me faster!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

the old fan


After much persuasion from my parents, I gave them the go-ahead to change my room fan. Well there's practically nothing wrong with it; it hasn't fallen on me while I'm in my deep slumber. So yeah, it's still okay to me. But according to my parents, it's spinning at 1/4th it's normal full-speed. Meaning though the control is set at FULL, it's spinning like it's in lvl 1 or 2. Honestly, it's kinda irritating to have a slow fan on those hot afternoons. Think EP, think Dahlia, you'll understand.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

the new fan


So I spend the whole afternoon swapping my room fan with my house's store room fan. It's kinda funny to think that the store room's fan is much better and stronger than my room's.. Okay, maybe it's not that funny. I can't think of a nice punch-line to kick it off, so there you have it - the lame joke of the day. Ahaks~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

spinning damn fast till i have to double check it constantly


I'll tell you guys something else that's funny though. My parents were staring at the wires sticking out of the ceiling where the fan used to be and out of the big blue, my mom made this awesomely funny statement.

*turns head to dad*
Mom : Hmmm~ Looks dangerous larr Tom.
Dad : Yea lorr.. Dunno whether it's live or not.
Mom : Yea.. I think we'll play it safe larr - use rubber.
*dad pauses a second*
Dad : I beg your pardon?
Mom : Huh? I said play it safe, use rubber larr. It's non conductive what.

How often would you hear your mom tell your dad to use rubber? Rubber! Of all things in the world she could've said, she said rubber! Whatever happened to the world "glove"? Dad and I were laughing on the floor while mom still looked puzzled. Dad quickly made a corny remark, "you're asking your husband to use rubber arr? why? don't trust me is it?". Nice one dad. Dad explained to mom our translation of her sentence. "you all corrupted one.. can even think like this.. siao~" she said smiling in humour. Ahhh~ Mom oh mom, you really can say the best things in the world to us all.

"play it safe larr.. use rubber" - mom


Fortunately, it seems many people are talking weird tonight. I went out for supper with Sippy and her room mates, all girls mind you. Everything was going on normal and stuff (i think). Went to Cahaya Dinar, ordered our drinks, chatted, the usual. When I asked them what they wanted to eat, Sippy's room mate said this, maggie kari kurang pedas. I couldn't help but asking her twice just to confirm. Yeah, she said that. Went there, ordered exactly what she said, looking like some dumb guy in the process. The man looked at me for a second and just said, "okay". Moments later their food arrived and I couldn't stop myself from asking, "yang mana satu kurang pedas?" (which one is the less spicy?). Ahaks~ Seriously, in my entire 19 years of living, I've never heard anyone ordered "kari kurang pedas". That's twice already today. You're room mates are funny Sippy. Hope you had fun. Good nite peeps.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"encik, maggie kari kurang pedas ya?"

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.