Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2005

sorry, no apologies




Just yesterday, I received an unexpected post-card from Focus On The Family or FTF (sounds cooler), and it's definitely not about that Breakaway Magazine that I haven't been receiving since the end of the War Of Gibraltrar. Okay! Enough of Gundam Seed Destiny already dammit! Yea~ About FTF, the card seems to be some sorta keep-in-touch note by one of it's workshops that I took part a year ago. A workshop called No Apologies and it was held at my church.

..we were only freshmen..


So what is No Apologies all about? One word : abstinence baby~ Bold and beautiful; it is the most effective birth control method known to all mankind. Unlike Kok Wei's infamous line in IF Camp, "But I thought Durex was the best~", this method IS the best - and it's free too. Ahaks~

~I wrote a lame joke in this line but I took it off because it was too lame.

So the dude was talking about abstinence and how teen pregnancies are no longer common in the western society. Being in MMU clearly shows us that already. Open your eyes and you'll see enough. At the end of the talk and all the fun mini-games, they gave each of us a pair of cards, of which the participant and the their witness (youth leader or anyone accountable) signs on both cards. Then the participant takes a piece and the witness takes another. That card is a pledge card of abstinence and my witness was and still is Aunty Agnes - mother to the youth of Gateway Christian Fellowship.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dear Andre, ....... June 2005
we remember you - punk!


Fast forward a year later, they sent me a "hi, we still remember your sorry ass." card and they spelled my name as Andre. Andre as in Dr Dre's Andre kinda way. Another funny thing about that post card was the date. Written and sent on June 2005 but.... received on August the 10th. Proves to show how slow snail-mail is these days. Why don't they just change their engine or even slap on a Lv1 Turbo or something. Ahaks~

For a youth leader back then and even now, it's seriously very tough to be a good example. Given my bad past, dumb jokes, corrupted mind, and crazy attitude, it's hard for anyone to see or believe I'm one. Can't blame them though, even I can't believe I'm one. It was tough to back-slide and face many temptations back then. I regret doing a bunch of dumb things which change my life for the worse. Thankfully, there's always a second chance - there is always HOPE. Even now, I still have that pledge card tucked safely between the pages of my Bible. It's a bookmark for Ephesians 6:7. Read it up. Be a virgin, not a fool. Nites peeps~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

like a virgin huh?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saving Myself for Marriage
Believing in saving myself for marriage, I make a
commitment to myself, my family, my friends, my
future spouse and my future (many) children to be sexually
abstinent from this day onward until the day I enter
a lifelong, committed, monogamous marriage.

date: 06/06/04

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.