Pages

Monday, August 01, 2005

warning : not halal




"I wonder why don’t malays go to a vegetarian restaurant and try out their vegetarian pork is they wanted to know how pork taste the halal way?"

A question that sprung into my mind when WeeD asked a similar question. Imagine this; malay guy walks into Char Siew Fan stall and orders a plate with extra Sao Rou and kua. A sight to behold among chinese stall owners. I mean it’s not everyday that you get to see a malay dude coming to eat in your stall, ordering in malay. Some owners are a little hesitant, uncertain if it’s some kind of prank or even worse, a trap made by the local IC or better known as the Imam Conspiracy: They’re Watching You. I’ve known a few anonymous malay friends who tasted pork before. I don’t care much about it as I do enjoy the reaction of people around me when a malay guy accompanies me to Char Siew Fan. Some of them even fear for me, if some JAKIM dudes would to so happened as see me eating with a malay guy in a non-halal stall, I might get into trouble. Ahaks~ Fun indeed.

paint your palette blue and grey


Malaysia being so multi-cultural and having a variety of religion with their dos and don’ts sure have a lot to offer in terms of food. Here is one of the reason why I’m glad I’m a Christian - I eat everything. Hehe~ Be pork, beef, frog, dog, wild boar (doesn’t count as pork :P), raccoon, insects, weird exotic plant, and other miscellaneous things, I’m not prohibited from eating them. Just make sure that it doesn’t kill me, I’m good to go.

the silver thorn of bloody rose


Pork is the best. I’m a sucker for a good Char Siew Fan or Pork Rice. It would be appropriate to say that I’m a fan. It’s my second favourite food next to sushi. Sushi is my number one but it’s a little expensive to eat often, so when I do get a chance to have some sushi, I definitely won’t miss it. Char Siew Fan on the other hand is more affordable, hence, the number 2 spot has its name on it.

Char Siew Fan


Picture its delicate shining dark-red meat glazed with honey as your teeth sink into its tenderness. Your fork picks up a different piece. This time in 3 visible layer; crunchy hard golden-brown, soft middle fatty white meat, and the dark tender meat at the bottom. It is so beautiful that my eyes began to swell with tears. Ahhhhh~ Normally, I would feel extremely hungry thinking of this but thankfully, I’m stuffed from that delish dinner I had earlier. So I do hope that you’ve eaten before reading this. Peace out~

and how you suffered for your sanity

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.