Pages

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Planet Shakers Live!!

YEA DUDE!! Planet Shakers came down to Malacca yesterday and rock the earth with their loud music and crunchy tone! It was 7.30pm when the event started. Sadly, I came late *sobs* due to... certain factors which won't be mentioned here. Anyway, I came in at 7.50pm!! but i just missed the praise... *sobs* But the worship was just as loud and cool! After parking the car outside, as I walked towards the entrance I could hear the loud banging of the symbals and the power chords of the X.

"They are playing Lift Up Your Eyes!!! My song baby!!" I ran up stairs and immediately join the worship and I gotta say; it was dang awesome! I pity those who didn't come I tell ya (sorry cuz! should've told you about it). After a great worship, the main man, their pastor started preaching to us about being strong and courageous. After the sermon he made an alter-call and quite a number came up (including gabriel, SP, Phoebe and the rest of the LRC... i dunno why...)

Though I missed the starting intro of praise, they cheered me up when they did their closing praise. They did Lincoln Brewster's - EVERYBODY! EVERYBODY! EVERYBODY PRAISE THE LORD!! GO!GO!GO!GO! It's soooooooooo COOOOOOOOOL!!! Gosh! I can't tell you just how much i wanna play be in that X guitarist shoes! One of the reason I play the X; to play for God and lead His people into his presence.

Whew.. After a long night of shouting and screaming, (if you were with me in any Christian concerts you would know...) the obvious thing happened - I lost my voice. I could hardly say anything after the planet shaking concert I tell ya. But it was quite cool. Imagine - more than 200 people crammed up Praise City's hall (and i wonder why we didn't invite them to our church instead... i miss you PastorJoshua). So, before leaving, I bought two CDs from them; Planet Shakers - Rain Down and Youth Alive (Queensland) - Forever for RM60 *ouch!* So there goes my monthly allowance. *sigh*

Well.. It ain't that bad. I mean, after all, I'd never spend that kind of money on any other type of CD except Christian CDs. Believe it or not, it's true. Check my CD collection and you would know. Hehe. I dunno why but, it seems Christian musicians have more talent than the world. Plus, the spirit they play their song in is undeniably spirit-filled.

End words; Rock On Dudes! Pursue your dreams as I pursue mine! God bless people!

Planet Shakers ROCKS!!

1 comment:

PhoEbe said...

Wahaha,dun jealous Andrew,u r true.but we did invite u to go infront wif us.but u didnt wan to...Too bad!hehe anyway Planet Shakers was jus great awesome,as i see if u know we the Latter Rainers hardly join such activities like tis,but yest i begin to see how much we all enjoy dwelling in the midst of God!And can say so tat it's d first time i c how Gabriel really enjoy their praise n worship.Even u both came late but at least sumhow u r stil able to join half of it,rite?bet u really enjoy much...Too bad for Su Pheen but i wil tel her tat in sch sumday later.But ur laughter is damn loud during d message.waoh is like :"God,andrew is overwhelmed again tis time,haha".

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.