Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2004

When The Bowling Gets Tough

Like real...Bowling is an amazing sport if you ask me. One of the few games that I play, and also one of my favourite. Being a semi-active dude, I indulge myself in activities such as table tennis, pool, snooker, badminton, swimming, soccer, basketball, weight-lifting, *ahem* marathon walks and occasional jogs (in Mahkota Parade and surrounding area), pest killing (red ants on mango tree), soul-searching (lepak'ing), and ofcourse, bowling. In all of these sports, I really never did excell in any of them. I would always be 2nd best or last in worse cases. Like I said, I'm a semi-active guy. I spend as much time on the computer, talking about, and doing outdoor activities.

I'm not that fond of bowling actually. It seems no matter how I throw the bowling ball, it would steer its way left or right and eventually enter the drain in a loud dramatic crash accompanied by applauds and laughter. But since after coming back from National Service, SP and I have been actively playing bowling. It is then that I try my best to improve myself so that I won't be the one clowning about while holding a bowling ball. I'm actually *secretly* preparing myself to play with my family as my dad is the super-strong-throw-with-loud-crash guy, my mom the trophy holder, and my bro the all-rounder, I know I have to buckle up my pants and start practicing.



Well, atleast now I can say that I'm better than before but... As Ben Parker would say, "With great powers come great responsibility." Hmmm... Words that echo in the heart of every hero. Hahahaha. Today, as I was playing bowling with SP, she got *abit* upset with me throwing good hits. So after that, I kinda lost my concentration and started throwing really lousy shots. *sigh* Oh well, I got use to that anyway. =D
Secret to bowling : Concentration

Right...

Family PotraitBut before we went MP today, we went to pick our son, Shaun Timothy up from his aunt's house. He got a pimple on his cheek! *eek!* How did THAT happened? But who cares? He's just too darn adorable for anyone to notice it. Hehe~ That's my boy!

Another good news; SP's not selected for the National Service programme! Good for you dear! Hmm... Speaking of NS... I really miss my NS days. There are nights when I would just sit in bed and look at all the photographs of my buddies. It brings back LOTS of memories, good and bad, the trying times and the laughing times I had with them. *sigh* I really miss them all - my NS family. One of my NS friend, Shu Lin from Johor, is coming to down to Malacca today but she doesn't know if she'll have time to go out with us or not. Hehe~ We'll only see how today. I did roughly shared to her about Christ and tried explain the pain and suffering that He went through for us while we were in camp. I've always prayed for her salvation and I believe one day, she'll come to know the Lord. Pray for her you guys out there! God bless!

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.