Pages

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Any Given Sundays

I woke up today with my soul still in dreamland - I'm extremely tired. Make that dead tired. I slept like a log. But like any other log, I woke up at the sound of my alarm (16 years of training can do that to you). Feeling ever so groggy, I fell back unto my bed and dozed off again. Time went by so slowly when you're in this kinda situation. 5 precious minutes feels like 5 hours of good sleep =).

Thoughts of what SP sms'ed me last night played with my mind. Teasing me with unwanted thoughts, I begged, "I juz wanna sleep.. Please.."

Before I knew it, my mom pulled the blanket of my face and ask me the question I've been expecting - Do you want to work or go to church?

"Dad needs me, especially in the morning... But I haven't been going to church for the past 2 weeks. My family's spiritualy life I feel, is like a paper boat facing a tsunami. Except the tsunami is still far off but it's drawing ever so close. I gotta put a stop to this. I gotta turn this ship back to shore - to safety."

Those were my thoughts. Time stood still as my mom awaited my answer. Though my body is still dazed, my mind was ever awake. I said... Yes mom. I do wanna go church. Though I only slept for 4 hours only, I somehow had the strength to jump out of my bed and got myself ready. My heart crammed with excitement. "I miss church... I miss PJ (Pastor Joshua).." My mind whispered softly.

As I gazed into the mirror in my room. I smiled. "I love my church. I love my youth... And I miss eating Wilson's Chicken Rice."

Wilson's Chicken Rice

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.