Pages

Monday, September 27, 2004

i.. missed.. Planet Shakers in KL.. Nooooo!!

*sigh* After all the hype and news I've been getting from people, I thought I could finally catch them live in KL. Well, so it's not as big as it was supposed to be. But I'm all set and geared for this. And so, on Saturday afternoon, we head off to the Big Apple of Malaysia, KL.



Went to Sentral and bought our tickets. Went to look around the impressive bus station. It's quite a shocker as the whole place looks more like a shopping complex than a bus station. Real cool.. Heh~ As we went around posing as dumb tourist, we almost forgot about the time. We had 15 minutes before the bus leaves and we haven't had our lunch yet. Desperate, we went to our only option. We were saved by A&W. Another cool thing about Sentral is that it has a few fast-food restaurants that other shopping complex in Malacca doesn't like Marry Brown and A&W. So I ordered the Horny Corny Dog Meal while SP ordered some cheap lousy burger. *ahem* We paid, took our food and ran for the bus in the speed of Singapore drivers. Luckily, we managed to get in the bus on time. While on the way, SP had a phone call and sadly, we couldn't stay on for the event due to some.. 'unexpected' reasons.. Nonetheless, we were keen on spending some time in KL before we head back to Malacca on the same day.



After a 2 and a half hours drive, we eventually reach Pudu Station, KL. As we step down from the bus, we were greeted by ever cheerful beggars and 'odd' taxi men. Being ever careful, I placed my wallet in my undie - juz kidding. SP wanted to go to Petaling Street to check out the stuffs there. And so, we took a cab and arrive at our destination safely, thank you. As I paid the guy SP whispered to me, "We should've walked". I was sooo tempted to say 'I told you so but nooooo..' Hahahah~ Petaling Street didn't change since the last time we came, so much so that we could easily trace our steps back to our old hotel, where we stayed last December. Once SP was satisfied, our next destination was Plaza Sungei Wang which translates to Money River Plaza (what an impression on the prices there huh?). We went around and the place is as pack as ever. What caught my attention more (as I told SP) is that how the people are dressed there. I couldn't tell if they were prostitutes (no offence) or really poor people who can't afford more cloth to cover their body. I looked at SP and told her how much I thanked God that she's not from KL. She hit me back saying vice versa. Hahah~ That's my gal. So we walked around carrying these heavy looking bags and though I was so keen on acting like I was from some western country, SP didn't want to play along. When we were in front of the counter of some shop, I would looked to SP and say to her with an Australian slang, "Gosh, I will really miss Malaysia. What time is our flight back home?". And then SP would stare at me saying "You want to fly so much, fly me larr!". Hahahaha~ Chinese people would understand what that means.

I was there!!!

Like before, we almost forgot our time and we had less than 30 minutes to catch our bus. We got out of the complex I spotted a cab on the across the road and so I grabbed SP's hand and walked across the ever busy road with calm and ease. Luckily, the cab driver was a quite friendly Indian with a short fuse on the road. We told him about our bus and that we're short of time. He said he'll get us there as fast as he can and gave, quite a menacing grin. This is when I truely "know" how good of a driver a KL'ian is and let me tell you, they are one heckofva good driver. The cabbie cut in and out of the lanes with ease skidded his tyres a few times and eventually got us safely to Pudu. He wanted only 8 ringgit but SP and I agreed on giving him 10. We = generous (my father would call us moot chui. that's the idea, he ain't there. Hahahahah!)

Went to the loo to 'pump' our petrol, and got on our bus. We took Jebat Express instead of our usual KL - Melaka Express and boy did we make a big mistake. The dumb bus took 4 hours to reach Sentral. Why? Because he stopped at Alor Gajah, Masjid Tanah, Cheng, and then only head for Sentral. Okay, so it's partially my fault but what kindofa bus takes 4 hours from KL to Melaka?? I mean, even I could take 3 hours to walk from KL back to Melaka... Okay, so I can't. It juz doesn't make any sense. *sigh*

Though we were short on time, we had quite a fun time in KL. Makes me think of my coming December holidays. I plan to go KL with SP and spend a week there, juz like last year. This time, maybe I would call my bro and my cuz and we could bunk in Aunt Helen's crib instead. Who knows? I guess we'll juz have to see in time.

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.