Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Asahan = Home

It’s funny how small and simple things, reflects the big picture of life. There are juz some things in life that we could never seem to understand or comprehend in this short lifetime that God has given us. It thought me to really appreciate the beauty of it all.

On the eve of my departure to Kuala Lumpur (KL), my family, excluding dad as he’s working, decided to visit grandma back in Asahan. Most Malaccans never even heard of Asahan before. Well, let me describe to you Asahan as clearly as I can.



Asahan is located somewhere near Jasin. It’s dwelled by a small community, majority Chinese. From Asahan, one could have a clear look at Mount Ledang (yes, it’s the same mount where the princess resides). So imagine this; a picturesque landscape with trees and plantations all around, rolling hills with clear blue skies, and a beautiful waterfall, The Sagil Falls.

Rain Down

That’s my kampung. That’s my home. After a 40-minute drive, you could easily tell when you’re nearing Asahan. The smell of fresh air, the sound of birds chirping and the sight of cattle crossing the road, holding up “Stop” signs. Welcome to the salubrious part of Asahan.

I'm losing..

Upon arrival, we gave grandma a very warm ‘Hello’. Her smiles could light the whole of Asahan in an energy crisis. Fighting the stroke that got the best of her, she tries to be as active as she can. That’s my grandma. It looks like we came juz in time, she was looking dull and bored. Our arrival lighten up her mood and her face shown as bright as a fluorescent light ever could. So she immediately took a deck of cards out and we played her favourite game, ‘Culik’ (Kidnap). The objective of the game is to be the first to empty your hands (or something like that. it’s hard to explain but easy to play). We had a lots of good laughs and great chats. I truly love my grandma and I thank God for protecting her and keeping her healthy till this day.

Actually, it wasn’t always like this. When I was younger (and naughtier), I didn’t appreciate my grandma and saw her as a burden. But now, I wish I had spent more time with her when I was younger and when she was still active walking around and stuff. Lesson learnt. Now I appreciate my grandma more than ever. I like the way God uses situations like these to show me things I’ve never notice before. Hehe~

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.