Pages

Monday, September 20, 2004

the missing fung wan

beforemath

Alright, so my room's a mess. Well.. My room's not exactly a mess, but my cupboards definitely look liked a fallout of a nuclear calamity. Since my 3 weeks of holidays are now officially over, I said to myself, "Heck~ Might as well clear up this mess and start off all over again."

And so... I did.

Ahh..

As I separated the junks from the 'stuffs with sentimental value', I found my old copy of Fung Wan Online Beta. The sense of déja vu bedazzled me as I held the cd in my hand. I recalled how I 'happened' read about the upcoming MMORPG, Fung Wan Online in The Star InTech. I, being a fan for these kinda things, e-mailed P.H.O.E.N.I.X. Games Studio (now taken over by Eden II) and filled in the necessary requirements. Sure enough, after a few days I received a snail-mail with the my Fung Wan Online CD and some information about the game in it. Excited and all hyped up after reading the comics through again, I installed the game that night itself and went under the alias 'Winterfire'. It was the best name I could think of to suite my saber-wielding fire/cold elementalist. After reading through each clan's profile, I made my choice to join the Sword Worship Clan (SWC). They were the ones responsible to protect the 'Ultimate Sword'. Even now I reminisce about the clan wars we had and how, in a special event, we had to defend our clan shores from the invading 'True Atheist'. So what if we has a corny name? He's EVIL!!! In a huge battle, we managed to push them back to their boats and delivered a kick to their arse. Heh~ That, my friends, is the world of Fung Wan Online. I played through 4 out of 6 stages of the beta testing period and then, I had to stop as my exams were drawing nearer. But still, it's SOOO COOL!!! *sigh* The game has already gone 'gold' and pay2play. So the CD is my only physical memory of that fabulous game. It's so cool, it's even better than RO!! HA! take that RO fans! =P

FWO

Soon, reality kicks in and I continued to clean my room. At the end of it, I gazed into the CD's title, "Fung Wan Online". My beta testing days are over.

aftermath

1 comment:

Pegash4rk said...

greetings fwo old timer..

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.