Pages

Thursday, September 09, 2004

when the (graphic) power calls...

Trying to find the best - or rather 'suitable' grapics card that I would buy - *ahem* once I get the cash to buy a new com that is, seems to be a very tedious task. Googling around the web in search for hardware prices in Malaysia was a hell-of-a-job. I found it extremely difficult to find a site that would display it's pricelist - kiasu!

After a long way of seaching, I finally found a Malaysian URL that showed me a whole bunch of hardware prices. After reading reviews after reviews, the Geforce FX 5700 Ultra, Geforce FX 5900XT, and ATI Radeon 9800pro 128MB caught my attention. Well, call me bias but I prefer nVIDIA's Geforce FX than ATI Radeon - They seem to give more power and for a good price too.

So after checking out the prices from the earlier website, it was time to find the differences between GeforceFX 5700 Ultra and GeforceFX 5900XT, I seemed to be in favor of the XT. Its price is slightly more exspensive than 5700 Ultra (around RM45). So what if the 5700 has DDR3 memory - the XT has DDR2 but it has more overclocking than 5700 (i think). Hmm.. After saying that, maybe 5700 isn't so bad after all. *argh!!* I gotta make a stand mann!! 5700 Ultra or 5900XT? A lot of reviews says that the XT is a better choice - in terms of delivered framerates (fps). Dang!

Oh well.. Better spend time looking for the new electric guitar aka X first. The computer won't com anytime after next year. Heh! Why all the rush huh? As I would say, 'mai kan cheong'!! God bless peeps!

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.