Pages

Monday, September 13, 2004

Chapman at Canaan

Finally. After weeks of working and saving, I finally got my hands on it!! Steven Curtis Chapman Live DVD and Jars of Clay: furthermore!!! Okay.. So I'm a little behind time and everything but who cares?! Woohooo!!! I’m soooo happy I tell ya!! I spend more than a hundred bucks on the dvd and cd but it’s really worth the money to me. More things to add to my cd collections.

Later that evening I watched SCC’s live performance. His instruments, A Fender Strat and a Taylor acoustic guitar. Well, that makes 2 Taylors in one day. Hahahaha~ SCC also played a 12-string electric guitar but I couldn’t catch the model. All I could see is the beautiful headstock of that X. Soooo cooool.. *drools*

Steven Curtis Chapman is a cool and spunky dude. From what little I know about his biography, his dad owned a music store and so, everyday after school little Chapman would go and sit at a corner of his father’s store and play the instruments. His father knew that his little son would go the distance in God’s plan for him, and sure enough he did.

His songs are all about praising God and everyday life. I was first introduced to SCC by Jason Teoh (si fu) during one of our High School CF meetings when I was in Form 1. He played SCC's song, Fingerprints Of God. From the moment I heard that song, I had a sudden interest in SCC's music. Fingerprints Of God was the first SCC song I ever played. He wrote that song for his daughter who wasn’t too happy about how she looked. So, Steven told her that he could see the fingerprints of God on his little daughter. Deep and cool.

About Jars of Clay - my favourite acoustic band. The first song I learned on a guitar was joc's Love Song For A Savior. When my bro thought me that song, I was 12 years old I think. The simple Em D G chord were the chords that sparked the passion of playing guitars in me. Jars of Clay has been known for their dynamic acoustic songs and instrumentals. Maybe some of you guys remember their hit song Flood from their first album a long long time ago being aired on Hitz.fm.

I told myself, I would get my hands on the Taylor Jars of Clay Signature Model (Taylor JSM) in the future. One thing’s for sure is that my future wife would definitely disagree on that. Spending thousands of bucks on a guitar. Hahahahaa~ Oh well, my future is in His hands. As Steven Curtis Chapman would say, life must go on. God bless!

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.