Pages

Saturday, September 04, 2004

My name is Kenshin... Rurouni Kenshin

Famous tag line *ahem*: "I'm a killer. I don't act out of my character."

Woah~ Last night, bro brought home 2 sets of Samurai X vcds! There was once upon a time, before I left for NS, I told my bro to get for me the collection of Samurai X juz for my viewing pleasure when I get back. Anwyay, lets not stray away from the topic.

Lets see.. How much do we know about Rurouni Kenshin? *takes deep breath* Hisfamilywaskilledwhenhewasjuzachildandwassavedbyamanwho'sactuallyagreat
swordsmanashemastersthemitsugaritechniqueandpassestheknowledgeontohis
newfoundapprienticenamekenshinwhogrewuptobeareallyruthlesskillerwho's
juztooodamncool!! *gasp* *gasp* *gasp*

That said, I'll get back to the story from the anime we watched. Basically the show is a prequel to the Samurai X series that we normally see on tv. It tells us how Kenshin, well, became Kenshin and how he got his cross scar on his face. Besides that - It's a damn good love story I tell ya! Okay, so I'm not the type of guy who would watch love stories and get all emotional about it. When I was watching The Dolphin Bay series with SP, I even laugh at all the sad parts. Hmm.. Maybe because it was juz too corny. But when the story potrays a ruthless killer who's turn around by hidden love... wait... make that profound love, it's juz something we don't see everyday.

The drawing is different from the series (actually much better). Kenshin in the anime we watched looked more realistic and showed very (very) little emotion - think assassin. Kenshin's character is so enigmatic, it makes the ending really good. My eyes almost swell with tears. I'm not that free to blog down the whole story but from what I know, it's a damn good show and I'm keeping it in my com. Hah!

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.