Pages

Friday, September 10, 2004

i wonder where does the scope goes

After having sleepless nights worrying about his "symptoms", today is the day when he would make certain of his condition.

My dad has been complaining about an uneasy and bloated stomach. Even worse, he went to a church friend who gave him a quick check up and was told that his abdomen has an abnormal hardness. Naturally, the doctor told my dad to get the check up early than the planned date. My dad, who's thought filled with fears hoped not for the worse.

"It could be a stomach ulcer or a growth... Or the worst case scenario - cancer..." he thought to himself.

Here's the shining part about being in a christian family comes in. 2 nights ago, we prayed for my dad. We meaning mom and I - bro was missing in action (can't remember where he went). We prayed in faith that there will be nothing wrong with my dad when he goes for the check up and that whatever problems and discomfort that my father is facing, will be immediately healed and taken away by The Healer of our home - The Big Dad in Heaven.

2 days later - today, was D-day. Woke up in the morning and rushed to MMU on my bike and settled my problems once and for all. Without delay I called my bro to ask if the procedure has started. Luckily (or rather unlucky... i dunno), the Dr Leong told us that his clinic was packed and told us to come back around 3pm. My father looked calm when he returned (i came home earlier as instructed by my dad) with mom and bro, but I could sense the hidden burden in his heart. I could feel and sense his worries through his ever cheerful smile.



September 10th 2004, 3pm

We headed for HPAK, Pantai(beach) Ayer Keroh Hospital. Upon arrival, in front of the doctor's clinic, we mustered our faith and stepped in as my father's name was called. After that... Somehow, there was a huge relief. Bro and I started cracking up jokes after jokes. The procedure that my father had to go through is called Oesophago-Gastro-Duodeno-Scopy (OGDS). Long name? Well, basically it means a scope going down the oesophagus, the stomach and the duodenum. Yeap.. Juz like the ones they used on SP when removing her appendix. I have the VCD kept safely in my room. If anybody wants a copy, it'll be RM5 okay? "Mari mari! Kualiti bagus punya!" <-- sounds familiar?. Hahaha~ Juz kidding dear~ So we got to watch as the doctor sprays dad's mouth with a soporific substance (of which i've forgotten the name for it) and injects him with a sedative. My bro and I accidently laughed out loud when we saw the nurse using a KY Jelly Lube on the scope. Not many people know what's the use of it but we dooooooooo... Okay, let's not stray from the topic. So he puts the scope in and checks out dad's stomach wall and took some samples. Thankfully, there was nothing to be worried about though the tissue sample showed that there was some bacteria that could be easily taken care off.



When my dad got his senses back we jokingly told him that he juz went through a Colonoscopy instead of the OGDS. In case you're wondering, Colonoscopy means a scope going up your arse. Think - the movie Evolution. Hahahahahaa!! We told dad that if he felt anything cold around his butt, it was the scope. Dad, though still a little lethargic, nodded with a slight chuckle. See, that's what you get if your mom's an Operation Theater (OT) nurse - you know everything! Anyway, my thanks to Dr Leong. He is a great caring doctor. According to mum, he is the only doctor in Pantai with a great attitude.



So, at first, we came into the hospital worried. But we left the hospital with charged-up faith and a huge smile. Thank You Lord for healing my dad and taking care of him through all the circumstances.

p.s. My dad is still dazed in the above picture. Hehe. Colonoscopy - don't ever forget that word - it might juz happen to you.

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.