Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

A Fire That Burns So Deep, It Burns So Bright...

Just one of those nights when I keep telling myself that I have to sleep early.. Though they never seem to work, I get the feeling I'll succeed tonight. Hehe. Feeling partially tired and bleary, I'm now listening to Planet Shaker's - Burn... Made me wonder, what ever happened to the flame that burnt so bright 5 years ago? What happened to the passion that roars so loudly 3 years ago. It seems every year, as life passes me by, that fire becomes like a candle it the wind... Yea... That's the correct way to put it. Wishing I could just turn back time and undo those things that I regretfully did; mistakes and errors that shouldn't have happened, people whom I've failed to set an example to, people I have failed through my journey, the journey that inexorably leads me to where I am now - here.

Wishing, as I found out since I was 10 years old, is one of the dumbest things that ever existed. It gives false hope and meaningless motivations to people such as myself. Heh. But, as I found out, living as a Christian, there's always hope.. Always.. I like that word. You could associate it with eternity as it holds the same meaning. Hehe.

Ahhh... Now I remember why I'm still fighting on against this world. Why I'm fighting against everything that the world has got to offer; I fight for eternity. Eternity with God. Eternity may sound like a long time, infact, it IS a long time. But with God. Who can resist that eh? What a hope we have in Christ...

Speaking of hope, another element that has kept me going on. Hope. Unlike wishing, hope gives me more ground. I know, though I may sin and fall, though I may go astray, there's always Hope out there searching for me, calling out to me to come back to Him.

I thank You Lord Jesus. May I once again shine that fire that burns so deep, it burns so bright for you... Once again... Amen...


No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.