Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2004

The Race

My heart is beating as fast as my feet are running. With the finishing line ever so near, there's little room for mistakes and failures. Stricken with doubts and trials I run this race of mine. On the long, twisting and narrow road I carefully tread my steps. Though steep and precipitous this road can diverge into many other roads and there's only one "right" path.

Though I myself had made a couple of wrong turns and fell, I willingly lay down my pride and set myself back on the narrow and difficult road. With the evil one at my tail, trying to distract me from reaching my goal, I set my eyes in front; not behind. Though I know this is race, I feel that somehow, I should just stop and admire the scenery and all the beautiful creations that He had created. The sight of it keeps me in awe and I'm reminded once again, the reason I'm made; to praise.

And with each praise I sing, and each worship I give, He in return gives me His strength for I know I can't rely on my own strength. The long trecherous road behind thought me well about strength. *chuckles*. Far too many times I have fallen and wasted the precious time I had. Thankfully, The Helper, is always there whenever I seek help or guidance. If it wasn't for Him, I would be lost. Completely.

I'm not alone in this race. As I run each day, I could see others running side by side with me. I could even see some stopping just to pick up those who had fallen. Such a sight encourages me to run on. Even as I'm running, I could see a few runners, slowly going astray. It awfully saddens my heart. I've tried to shouting to them, hoping they could hear my voice but to no avail. All I could do is just pray for them.

The tedious road is killing my feet but I know I must go on. Thankfully, He has shown me that there's more to this life and even more on the next. The adrenalin and euphoria of reaching the finish line keeps pushing me on. So here I am, running towards the end on this path, in this race.

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.