Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Thursday Part-2

I’m a simple guy (or maybe that’s how I feel). When it comes do deciding what looks good on me or what are the fashions suitable for me, what to wear, or even what to eat, I totally suck. No kidding. I mean like, today, after cleaning up the house, I went out to have lunch with my father, uncle and aunt at the Orchard Street Food Court. I couldn’t choose what I want. I do know what I don’t want but I certainly can’t choose what I wanna eat. End up eating what my dad ordered for himself; “Law Mee”. Not bad..
Continued to follow my dad to do some personal errands (actually I just needed to open a savings account for my pay-check.. read the previous blog). Then my dad offered to change my specs since it was giving me some trouble. It seems I have some kinda problem that people wearing specs have. The guy told me something like this;
 
Dude: Your power hasn’t change. It’s just that your eyes now have ______ (fill in a bombastic word)
Me: Really? What do you mean by ______?
Dude: Oh, it means that your vision is blur due to the double vision that you see.
Me: Ooooooooo…. (*amazed)
Dude: Ya.. Your current specs don’t have the layer that erases the double vision.
Me: Ooooooooo….
Dude: So you can choose a frame that you like, your dad will be coming right?
Me: Ya.. My dad coming.. Choose ar?? I dunno le… I dunno what looks good on me.
Dude: You try this lorr.. (*takes out a few pair of specs)
 
Then the tedious work of choosing the frame comes on. I just couldn’t choose what looks good on me. Call me cheapskate, the criteria in my mind was cheap and doesn’t look stupid. So I picked up a half-frame spec. I dunno why but the dude keep pushing that weird looking half-frame at me by saying things like, “This one ar, looks good on you. You should get loose the studious look and get the popular designs of today”. Sigh.. Hope it doesn’t look weird.. I shall get my feedback when I go to church this Sunday and hopefully, a good one. Hhmm.. Come to think of it, it was ok larr but then the thought me, Andrew Liu, being indecisive blew me. Makes me feel like singing the “Kopi Tiam” song from the band Indecisive;

Empty Decorations
 
I wake in the dark,
With showers of light,
Moments of emptiness surrounds,
Floating away,
Auras of hope,
Reality brings me…
 
To the ground,
What can I do what can I say,
I need a place to hide away,
Just for a while, just for a smile
Just for the life I used to know...

And every song,
Was filled with words of love and not of anger,
Where did they go,
Why did they leave me far behind?

Cause I don't wanna be alone (Oh oh)
Living life all on my own (Oh oh)
I don't wanna live my life in isolation
Filled with empty decorations
Cause I want to be with people that I know
Who would do the things I do (Oh oh)
Making all my dreams come true (Oh oh)
I don't recognize the shadows on my door
Though I've seen them all before
Because the only thing I really want
Is to be with YOU...
 
Lalalala… Peace out!

No comments:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as a fact.